Mermaid Of Sicily By Jincey Lumpkin. (review)


Happy Thursday 😇

Author : Jincey Lumpkin @storiesbyjincey 

Rating : 10/10📔📔

Mermaid of Sicily

This is the book two of the Mermaid of Venice series. Mermaid, when I hear this word, I associate it with children's tale, remember Disney's Ariel? However, this book defied all my presumptions and turned out to be something entirely different, and may I say I am pleasantly surprised!

The book begins with Harper finding dead body of her brother Cameron. She is convinced that Gia, the Mermaid living in Italy who was dating Cameron is behind her brother's murder and now she wants revenge. Gia fleds away with the help of La Nonna. Soon, the readers come to know about the reality of Cameron's abduction and murder by .... well let's say not Gia (I hope this doesn't count as spoiler).

What an exhilarating read this book was! I mean it is a thriller to its very core. This book is not for weak hearted and I am so glad that the author has included trigger warnings in the beginning itself. There are graphic scenes of violence and assault including sexual assault.

I liked how the plot has so many different strings of storyline, Cameron's murder which Harper thinks is committed by Gia and on the other hand Gia's business empire. There are so many characters who have played their role perfectly in making this book a nice thriller. I also liked the pace of the book, it is fast paced and hooks the reader right from the first page.

It is a gripping thriller, I have never read a thriller involving mermaids but this one came as a surprise and I enjoyed reading it.
Mermaid Of Sicily By Jincey Lumpkin. (review) Mermaid Of Sicily By Jincey Lumpkin.  (review) Reviewed by Er. Harpreet Singh on November 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.