Interview With Author Dr. Deanna Behring


Name : Dr. Deanna Behring 

About Author:
I always try new things! I received my PhD at age 52 while working full time, raising two amazing daughters, and growing my marriage.I am also a local city councilperson! 

Author's Interview :

How long does it takes you to write a book?
This is my first book. I worked on the concept over several years as I met with College students who were looking for career and life advice. I decided to put it in a workbook form to make it more accessible to more people..this book is free to people to download; all I ask in return is that they donate some time or money to a local community organization to help others! I had great feedback from my dad and my daughter, Kait Warner, who ended up being my editor! Once I decided to write it, it took me about 1.5 years to get it into the finished product. 

How old were you when you decided to become a writer ? and where did you get inspiration from? 
I have a huge admiration for writers and feel honored to call myself one. I gain inspiration from all the creative people around me, noting that creativity comes in all sorts of forms! It is really a form of energy! 

Would you like to mention those people who supported your journey to become a writer?
My family--my parents, siblings, kids, and husband--have always believed in me and have provided support along my entire life's journey. We all always believe in one another and have each
other's backs! That said, it wasn't until I put my creative team together for this book--Kait Warner (editor) and Lauren McKee (illustrator)--that this particular dream started to take shape! 

What else do you like besides writing.? 
I love supporting my kids--they are so talented! Kait is an actor, writer, and producer in NYC, so theatre is high on my list of things I love to participate in! My youngest, Gillian, is in the process of becoming a professional equestrian, so I spend many hours at the horse barn as well! 

What advice would you like to give to our new writers who have just stepped into this journey or are thinking of making a move? 
Even though people consider writing to be a solo activity, creativity really blossoms when you have a team! Find your team! 

How do you feel after writting? Does it make you more energize or exhausted? 
I adore writing! It gives me new energy, but finding the time to let yourself enjoy that feeling can be challenging!

Do you read your book Reviews? How do you Deal with bad or good Reviews?
I am old enough to have had "negative" feedback on many things I have tried! You have to leave a space to listen to the negative, but know how to massage it into something productive.  

What does literary success look like to you?
I always say, if you can reach someone and have a positive impact, you have been successful! Hopefullly, this book can help anyone looking for a different way of thinking about themselves, their strengths, and their abilities.  

Would you like to give any special message to my blog readers? 
Be kind. Think. Act with Love.

Your Published Books:

Your Upcoming Books:
This Tree Is Me is my first (and only!) book (so far)! I do have some ideas for a new book, but it is just an idea! It would be a book about growing up and based on some of the challenges I put myself and my family through! Hope that leaves people interested in learning more! :)

Thank you very much for giving your valuable time to my blog readers.



Interview With Author Dr. Deanna Behring Interview With Author Dr. Deanna Behring Reviewed by Er. Harpreet Singh on February 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.